Throughout the month of December, I have tried to bake cookies mentioned in the book, ‘To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before’ by Jenny Han and add some of my favorites.
Here is the recipe I used for Spritz cookies:
Nicole’s Classic Spritz Cookies
1 1/2 unsalted butter (can be cold) cut into 1″ x 1″ squares
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 – 3 c. flour
2 tbsp. milk
NOTE: Best made when with stand mixer
- Heat oven to 350 F
- On low speed, cream butter and sugar, add butter slowly and then a steady stream of sugar. Increase speed to medium and beat 3 minutes until fluffy and light in color.
- Add vanilla, milk and egg. Mix on low.
- In separate bowl, mix 2 cups of flour, salt and baking powder.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture and mix on low until flour is incorporated. (If needed, add more flour until dough is stiff, but not sticky and still pliable. Beat until combined. Do not over mix!!!
- Spoon a portion onto parchment paper and roll into cylinder shape.
- Press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Place cookies one at a time on a wire cooling rack.
For Cookie Press:
- Unscrew coupling at the end of cookie press on opposite end from handle.
- Insert dough cylinder into cookie press tube.
- Please disk in coupling and screw coupling back onto end of press.
- Hold cookie press directly onto the pan.
- Allow trigger to click to release one cookie and carefully lift press.