Challenge: You’ve just started to work at a bookstore (or library) – what are your top ten go-to book recommendations?
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
- Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
- If I Stay by Gale Forman
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chobsky
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- Why did you choose these books? I chose these books because they are some of my favorites. They are diverse in genre, so if you’re not into young adult as much as an other genre these books will *hopefully* change your mind-set. They are different in their stories but they are all relatable. There’s mystery, music, sadness, & pictures! Basically, if you’re not a big reader one of these will do it.
- What would you say about each of these books when recommending them to a customer or library patron? I would tell them “ooh, I loved this!” or just something positive to encourage them to read it.
- What would be close favourites for book recommendations that didn’t make it onto your list? Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins.
- Is there anything else that you’d like to mention about the books you’ve chosen to include on this list? Nope!