Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke & The Bookish.
This week’s topic: FREEBIE! aka Choose your own topic. Since today is my birthday I chose to share some Coming of Age novels!
- The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider: This is a recently read book for me and it has become my favorite. I’M OBSESSED. It captures ‘Coming of Age’ brilliantly.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky: This is a pretty obvious one. Charlie’s just starting high school and he’s figuring it out. Loved this one.
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins – Lola’s in high school and trying to figure herself out. She’s quirky and unique. This is a cute contemporary and perfect for Coming of Age.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green: Some kids starting boarding school, discovering new things…
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan: Will Grayson, OWG, Tiny, etc. They’re all figuring themselves out; relationships, high school.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: Cath is beginning college. A new door is open.
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton: CLASSIC COMING OF AGE.
- This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper: This is an Adult coming of age for all the characters.
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: Are you surprised this is here..? No explanation needed. IMO.
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls: A memoir about childhood and resilience.