Hello! I am participating in Armchair BEA (for the first time!), the
If you’re a book blogger who can’t attend Book Expo America and/or the BEA Blogger Convention in New York this May, you don’t have to miss all the fun – this virtual convention is the place to be!
Also, here is the agenda for the week. Join us!
For those who don’t know me….
Hi! I’m Alyssa, I am twenty-one years old and I am a blogger & booktuber. I am from Pennsylvania. You can mostly always catch me reading a Young Adult or Contemporary novel. I am a very big hockey fan hense my url: pucksandpaperbacks. My favorite color is orange and I love coffee & gilmore girls. I’ve been blogging for a year now as well as vlogging about books on my Youtube channel. I don’t remember how I got into blogging but I think seeing other videos of ‘Booktubers’ sparked my idea. I had been blogging on Blogger/blogspot and I transitioned over to WP. I’ve had blogs in the past because I love writing I just didn’t have any certain thing I wanted to write about. But now I’ve found it! I always post readathons and such on my blog so keep a watch for my posts this week!
Introduction – Pick five questions out of the ten provided and answer them. This is a perfect start to getting to know me better!
- What does diversity mean to you? To me, diversity means different or out of the ordinary. I clarify a book or an author as diverse when they are different than what I’ve read or have ethnic characters.
- What book are you reading right now? I am currently reading PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han and loving it! This is the sequel to To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before.
- What book are you most looking forward to reading this summer? I don’t know what books I will be picking up this summer but I have Finding Aub
- If you were stranded on a deserted island, what author would you want to bring with you? Why? RAINBOW ROWELL, duh. Omg, I’d have such a great time with her but I feel like we’d be talking about her characters and her books most the time than trying to figure out a way to survive or get off the island. Wow.. that would be something. But, yeah Rainbow Rowell!
- What is one book everyone should read? Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews, just do it.
I just started going to my library this spring because of my Children’s Literature class, it forced me to go to the library. So, I got a library card and it was fun! I spent hours looking for 5 senses books and Plant life cycle books for projects. Fun! I plan to return there soon because I want to check out books for my pleasure and enjoyment. But, I hate having to wait for them cause’ my library never has the ones I want. That’s my only complaint!