Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke & The Bookish.
This week’s topic: Ten Books To Read If You Like This Super Popular Book/Author
The bestselling author I chose for this week’s TTT is my one of my favorite women, Jenny Han author of The Summer I Turned Pretty. The Summer I Turned Pretty is a young adult, contemporary trilogy following a girl called Belly and her growth as well as battle between two brothers; Conrad and Jeremiah. If you’re looking for some new contemporaries, here are some novels you should read if you enjoy Jenny Han’s work!
- Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy – I thought of Jenny Han when reading this book. Julie Murphy is similar to her.
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith – These characters are very witty, much like Jenny Han’s sense of humor & it’s just a great short romance!
- My Life With the Walter Boys by Ali Novak – reminds me of the Summer I Turned Pretty because of all the boys and Jackie is similar to the character, Belly.
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell – This is cute with an additional tough subject, great character personality & IT’S RAINBOW ROWELL AND I LOVE HER. OK
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson – Morgan Matson is another author I think of right-away when I think Jenny Han!
- The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider-
- The Truth About Jack by Jody Gehrman – Just feels like a Jenny Han story, definitely recommend!
- Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen – This is the only Sarah Dessen I’ve read, but I really think she’s similar to Jenny!
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins – Just anything Steph. Perkins, she writes great characters and I just love her books!
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson – I adore this book and I just needed to add it. The characters are much like a Jenny Han character and Maureen Johnson’s writing is great!
HAPPY TUESDAY! READ MORE CONTEMPORARY!