- Buying books when I know I don’t have any more room.
- Putting down books that I’m interested in, just b/c I’m not in the mood.
- Checking out library books and then procrastinating to bring them back. OH, THE FINES.
- Not giving myself a period of time to sit and read, TV takes over…
- I always check to see how many pages the book is, which can sometimes intimidate me.
- When reading on Kindle (usually), I always check the page number to see how far I’ve gotten. I’d like to enjoy the book instead of worrying about the page count.
- Every time I set down a book that I plan on picking back up, it almost always never happens.
- I make barely any time for ARCs, especially from Net Galley.
- Reading while the TV is on.
- Reading the first book in a series and just not finishing…for no reason.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke & The Bookish.
This week’s topic: Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit Or Have Quit (aka ten book series I think I’m going to abandon, ten bookish habits I want to quit, ten authors I quit reading, ten types of books I’m quitting, ten tropes I want to stop reading about, ten books I marked as DNF (did not finish) recently, etc. Get as creative as you want)
Happy Tuesday! Here are some bookish habits I’d like to quit, eventually.