Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey @gingerreadslainey on Youtube.
Join the Goodreads group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday
Today’s Topic: Top 5 Diverse Characters
(This was scheduled to go up on Wed. but never posted? I’m a little late!)
- PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han – Jenny Han’s characters are all diverse, but LJ is my girl.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie – This is such a perfect example of a diverse character. Junior lives in an Indian Reservation and he tries to go to school elsewhere, outside of the reservation. IT’S GREAT.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – This is the most diverse book I’ve read this year. Maddy is super diverse, and awesome.
- Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – Simon is my BFF. He’s a great diverse character, he’s a not-so-openly-gay kid, who loves the Smiths & Tumblr.
- Every Day by David Levithan – A is a greatly diverse character. A is neither female or male, it depends on the day. A moves to and from different bodies each day; every day.