Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey @gingerreadslainey on Youtube.
Join the Goodreads group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday
Today’s Topic: Top 5 Diverse Characters
I barely read “scary” books, since I read mostly the contemporary/YA genre. Luckily, I’ve also read Fantasy. Here are my top 5 halloween reads to read if you’re a contemporary lover! These are mostly, mystery novels!
- Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley – Don’t want to spoil anyone, but this is a mystery-esque book!
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart- Yes, this is set in the summer. But, I think you can read it at any time.. Halloween is the perfect time, this is suspenseful, fast paced and short! Such a good mystery book.
- Love Letters To The Dead by Ava Dellaria – This is a very heavy book and I’ve been saying that ever since I’ve read it, last year. This is about Laurel coping with her sister’s suicide by writing letters to other deceased people; celebrities. This is a great Halloween read, if you’re not into horror novels.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green – This is a light hearted type of mystery novel. But, it can be hard hitting at times.
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – I just had to add this just for the fact that Halloween is included in this book. LJ dresses up to go to school and that whole time is full of emotions. It’s so cute and funny.
There are my top 5 Halloween Recs for Contemporary Lovers! Or just if you’re not into horror novels. Hope you enjoyed!
Happy Wednesday, Happy Halloween && Happy Reading!