Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke & The Bookish.
This week’s topic: Ten Childhood Characters You’d Love To Revisit As Adults (ie a novella or something to see what they grew up to be) — you could always just pick YA characters you’ve read recently you wouldn’t mind revisiting in 10 years or so. Or you could pick 10 characters and guess what you think they’d be doing in 10 years or 20 years. OR you could go the other way and wish for coming of age stories for adult characters you love.
I LOVE THIS TOPIC! I would love to revisit some of my favorite childhood characters! However, this was also difficult because my memory isn’t very good when it comes to the books I read when I was younger. Here are some of my beloved childhood characters!
- Junie B. Jones – This is pretty obvious, so I’m not going to go into detail but…this would be awesome.
- Ramona Quimby – Knowing now that Beverly Cleary just hit 100 years old.. I know this probably wouldn’t happen, but I WOULD LOVE IT.
- Margaret Simon (Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret) – This book has a lot of sentimental value to me and I think it would be nice to see Margaret going through other stages of her life!
- The Babysitters Club girls! – Another, obvious one!
- Massie Block (The Clique Series) – I couldn’t tell you if I finished this series, but I would love to see what the Clique girls are up to nowadays!
- Madeline – This would be such an epic story, I would loooove to see a Madeline grown-up!
- Amber Brown – I remember loving Amber Brown, she was like Junie B. Jones but a little older and a riot!
- Fern – Charlotte’s Web
- Eloise – I actually can’t tell you if I read this growing up,but I would like to think I did because Eloise is awesome!
- Zoe, Angela, and Maddy – Internet Girls Series: There is another book called, yolo that I haven’t read, but this focuses on the girls during their first semester in college.