Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes and created by Lainey @ Gingereadslainey with different bookish topics for each week.
If you’re interested in joining in, see the Goodreads group!
Today’s topic: Authors You’d Like to Meet at BEA/Bookcon
— Whether you are attending the events this month or not, talk about who you would like to meet from the lineup!
Yes, you heard it here! I’m going to Bookcon in Chicago, IL from May 13-15! This will be my second bookcon and I’m meeting up and staying with my Booktube friends! I will be meeting some of them for the first time and I cannot wait!!
If you’re not attending, pleaseeee check out Armchair BEA! It’s an online edition of Book Expo America. All you have to do is sign up!
Anyway, here are the authors I wish to meet because I know how hard it is to actually meet authors at Bookcon and get your books signed.
- John Corey Whaley – HE’S SO CUTE AND I LOVE HIM. Where Things Come Back was so great and I have yet to read Noggin, but I want his new release – Highly Illogical Behavior! The cover is so pretty and basically INEEDIT.
- David Levithan – By far, one of my favorite authors! Last year, I didn’t get to meet him BUT he did walk by me and it was great. So, hopefully I can step that up this year!
- Nicola Yoon – I loved Everything, Everything and I am sure she is so sweet IRL! She’s promoting her new book, The Sun is Also a Star and the cover is gorgeous!!
- Morgan Matson — I really want to purchase The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson while at Bookcon, I won’t get to meet her because I’m hoping to meet another author (no. 5) who has the same time as her!
- JENNY HAN!!!!!! My FAVORITE author besides Rainbow Rowell, I have read her book To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before about 4 times.. 😉 She’s definitely an author on my “authors to meet” list! I know it’s really hard to meet/greet authors at Bookcon, but I’m hoping to try my best!