1. How often do you visit you local library? I visit my library pretty frequently. To make an estimate it would be about 1-3 times a month, it just depends!
2a. Are you the type of person who checks out more books than you know you can read or are you someone who only checks out the exact amount of books you intend on reading before they are due? Yes. I’m super guilty of this. I end up putting some on hold on the library website and if I have time to browse then oh no because I end up coming home with about five books and I only get to read about 1 or 2 of them.
2b. How many books do you check out each month? It really depends. I like to use the library for new releases and readathons usually. My average is taking home 4-5 books.
3. How old were you when you got your first library card? I really don’t have memory of getting my first library card but I know my mom always took me to the library. So I’ll say it was probably when I was in Kindergarten or first grade. I got my first library card around 19 years old when I first started college and began reading more avidly.
4. Do you go to your library looking for a particular book or do you check out anything that peaks your interest? Sometimes I go to the library to pick up books I placed on hold. But, if I’m looking for a readathon or I have some time I’ll browse. For instance, I did go to the library this week to find some YA new releases on a list I put in my phone. It took a good 30 minutes to find all three books. Again, it just depends!
5. Do you use your library to check out just books or do you also check out dvds, audiobooks etc.? I just pick up books but I’d like to use audiobooks too. I use Overdrive for audiobooks and e-books so this sort of counts!
6. From what section of your library do you check out a majority of your books? ( YA, middle grade, adult, nonfiction.) Young Adult mainly but I have picked up children’s books for my one class for school.
7a. What is your favorite part of using your local library? Free books and they sell books for dirt cheap! Also I want to do more like going to movie nights and book clubs that they offer.
7b. What is your least favorite part of using your local library? Honestly, the staff isn’t the nicest which really turns me off. Also it’s loud sometimes. This week when I went it was on Election Day and there was someone there to promote the election (I guess? Idk.) but they were having a full on conversation super loud in the lobby part of the library. Agh!