I recently posted a Gilmore Girls 2.0 Book Tag, and I was thinking of some books that are relatable to the show? It inspired this post, here are five books that you should read (if you haven’t) if you’re a fan of Gilmore Girls! Also, you should just read them anyway. I also posted a video on my channel with this topic and these books.
1. Never Have I Ever My Life (So Far) Without A Date by Katie Heaney –
This is a memoir by Katie Heaney about her love life starting all the way at preschool/kindergarten. In Gilmore Girls, Lorelai definitely gets her share of weird dates. Kirk, Rune…Katie and Lorelai could definitely relate to weird dates! Katie goes on a date with a guy who replaces “Buckets!” for curse words. It’s bad and hilarious.
2. Rory + Lorelai’s Road Trip – Amy and Roger road trip from California to Connecticut (Stars Hollow is in CT!!) and take a detour on the way. They go into hotels with fake names, they get Dairy Queen and even go up to Roger’s college. Remember that episode when they go on a random road trip and go to Harvard? The Gilmore girls are roadtrippers!
3. Coffee IN AN IV! – In The Truth about Jack by Jody Gehrman, Dakota stops by her favorite coffee shop daily. This automatically reminds me of GG because it’s a routine for Lorelai to stop at Luke’s for coffee! Dakota basically has her own Luke’s!! Click the title of the book to go to my review, it explains the whole summary of the book.
4. Lorelai’s Witty Sense of Humor – Attachments by Rainbow Rowell is the perfect book for a GG lover. The setting is an office of a newspaper so RORY and the two characters, Beth and Jennifer remind me so much of Lorelai in the humor sense and they are trying to get their lives on track!
5. Breakups – Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler is about Min and Ed’s break-up and Min is putting all of Ed’s things in a box. This is so relatable to Rory’s breakup with Dean, especially that she puts a box together of Dean’s belongings or anything that reminds her of him.
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed making it!
THREE DAYS UNTIL THE REVIVAL. WHO IS READY??