Happy last day of 2016, everyone! I can’t believe the year is over. It flew by! I am honestly glad for 2016 to be over, I need a new start and I want to read the 2017 releases! For this post, I will be sharing the top seven books (that I own on my shelf, not releases or anything) that I want to read in the new year. 2017 is the year of reading more books on my shelf! I have so many unfinished books or books I said I wanted to read so bad and I didn’t.
What book do you hope to read in the New Year?
1. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell – Rainbow is my favorite author and I have had this book on my shelf since it’s release date in 2015. I have tried the physical book and some of the audiobook. I just ended up putting it down and haven’t made time for it. 2017 will the year I read Carry On!!
2. Wonder by R.J. Palacio – This is becoming a film in 2017 and I have always wanted to read it. I have heard wonderful reviews about this book and how it’s touched many readers! I’m excited to finally get to reading this!
3. I have had this book on my shelf for a little over a year and I want to read it, really bad. I have the same reasoning for this as I do for Wonder. Also, Lin Manuel Miranda narrates the audiobook of Ari & Dante…so basically I NEED TO READ/LISTEN TO THIS. I think 2017 will be my year of audiobooks, I can feel it.
4. Pivot Point by Kasie West – This is probably going to be one of the Kasie West books I haven’t read. I’ve been on a Kasie West reading binge lately! I have read two of her books this month. I love her. So, I’m probably going to have this one left after I read her others!
5. I loved Robyn Schneider’s book, The Beginning of Everything and I have yet to read her sophomore novel! My Booktube bestie, Sabrina and I will be buddy-reading this together and I am so excited about it!!
6. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson – I hope to finish reading all of Morgan’s books in 2017. I have only read Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour and The Unexpected Everything. SYBG is a book that is highly recommended to me and my friend gifted it to me for my birthday. I can’t wait to finally meet Frank Porter and all of his glory!
7. And last, this list wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t mention a Jenny Han book. I own her book, Shug. It’s a middle grade and her debut novel! I really want to get to it as soon as I possibly can 🙂
There you go! My Top 7 Books to Read in 2017. What book are you hoping to read that you haven’t yet? Happy New Year, Here’s to 2017!