The Love-a-Thon is an event dedicated to spreading positivity and love. It’s time dedicated to visiting other bloggers/Instagrammers/BookTubers, leaving a comment or two, making new friends and fostering positivity among the members of our amazing community. As in the previous years, the event will include mini challenges, Twitter chats and giveaways galore! The full schedule will be sent to you when you’ve signed up, so you can start preparing your posts in advance. (Alexa Loves Books)
Dates: February 18, 12AM EST – February 20, 12AM EST
The first post is to answer the questionnaire. This is an introduction to my blog and to get to know me better!
An Introduction to You and Your Blog
- What’s your name? Where in the world are you blogging from? Hi! I’m Alyssa and I’m blogging from Pennsylvania!
- Tell us your history with reading. Were you always a reader? Were you a reluctant reader? Was there a book that convinced you to become a reader? I was a reader when I was younger, my mom always had books for me and we always went to the library. When I grew up, I stopped reading a lot and when I went to high school I started to read John Green. But, not until my first year of college (because of a boy) I started reading books because he did. I brought TFIOS with me and he read some classic. It was cute, but didn’t end well! But, thanks to him — now I’ve been blogging and Booktubing for 2 1/2 years.
- How did you get involved in the online book community? This is a tricky question, I did start a book blog first before I started to Booktube. It was on blogger and I didn’t get any engagement so later I switched over to WordPress. But, I really don’t know I just did it on a whim. But, I was introduced to Booktube by searching for Dana @ The Book Hoarder, I used to watch her other videos before she made Booktube videos.
- How did you choose your primary platform (blog, Instagram, YouTube, etc)? How did you come up with your blog name? I had a channel before, I really liked making DIY videos and favorites basically tried to create a “lifestyle/beauty” channel — but I don’t wear make-up?? IDK! But, I also like writing. Blogging seemed fun so I just decided to do both! As for my blog/YT name…I like hockey *pucks* and I like books. It just flowed and I feel like it represents me very well.
- What’s your favorite thing about the online book community? I love that everyone interacts and it’s so welcoming. Twitter, especially I’ve met so many friends through there and Instagram. As well as Booktube. So many nice people that I’ve made life-long friends through the community.
- What sort of posts can readers expect from you? I most always post spoiler-free reviews. Also, tags and TBRs. I like to participate in Top Ten Tuesday, as well!
- What book genres do you talk about most? My go-to/comfort zone genre is Contemporary/Romance. So, I’m usually reviewing those books.
- Favorite food? Beverage? Food – Cheeseburgers are my fave, I like TAZO tea and coffee 🙂
- Favorite color? Orange and Mint Green. Weird combo but yup.
- Favorite things to do apart from reading? I like watching hockey and eat out with my family! We like to try different places in our area. Also, taking photos!
- Favorite tv shows? I really don’t watch much TV but, Gilmore Girls is my favorite show.
- Favorite movies? The Sandlot, Sixteen Candles, Paper Towns, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. I don’t really watch movies often!
- Favorite musical artists? 5 Seconds of Summer, All Time Low, the Wonder Years
- Favorite places to shop? All my clothes are from American Eagle or Target. As for books, I really love Book Outlet and Amazon.
- Favorite childhood books?
- Favorite books read in the last five years?
- Favorite genres? Contemporary/Romance, Young Adult, Magical Realism, LGBTQIA+
- Underrated book, series or author you love? Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin & Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum!
- A book you want to see made into a film or tv show? To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han, cause’ it’s my fave and I know it’ll be so good 🙂
- Book boyfriend/girlfriend? Book BFF? Book family? Peter K, Hayden, Levi from Fangirl – my book boyfriends. My book family would be the Spiers because I ❤ them. Book bff – Lara Jean 🙂
- Books you want to read in 2017?
Thanks for reading, more LoveAThon posts coming!