Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes and created by Lainey @ Gingereadslainey with different bookish topics for each week.
If you’re interested in joining in, see the Goodreads group!
Topic: Books as Event Themes
If you missed last week’s T5w post, click here.
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer – Basically, this would be a Queen of Hearts themed party, I think the food options & desserts would be amazing! Also, if you wanted to go all out, the guests could dress in black and red.
2. Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone – This would be a fun poetry themed party! Poetry Corner could easily be recreated and everyone could share poems.
3. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – TUMBLR THEMED, OREO THEMED, HARRY POTTER AND SIMON’S PLAYLIST. This would be a perfect idea for a pre-party before going to see the movie! I really like this post about a Simon themed party.
4. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson – I would love to recreate this with the scavenger hunt the friends go on, and you could have fun emoji-themed games! Plus, since Clark is a writer…maybe some writing prompts or mad libs? You have to add a Polaroid station too! As well as party favors would be fun! Emoji stickers, a little dog plush? I would also have a make-your-own sundae station.
5. Paper Towns by John Green – People actually have Paper Towns parties and I’m offended I wasn’t invited!! I guess I have to have my own 🙂 One person did a scrapbook party… I LOVE THAT. But, I would go off the scavenger hunt theme again and have to find Margo’s clues. Also, we will make the ultimate beer can sword. Then, we will watch the movie!
Top 5 Wednesday never stops having great topics! Glad I did this one, what book would you have a party for? Or have you done it before?