Today’s topic: 10 Books From X Genre That I’ve Recently Added To My TBR List — I want to know what books have piqued your interest lately from whatever genre you choose!
In honor of June being Pride Month, here are the top ten LGBTQIA+ books I’ve recently added to my TBR and some I hope to read this month.
1. Over You by Amy Reed (bisexual mc)
2. Top Ten by Katie Cotugno – follows a bisexual mc (got this ARC at Bookcon!)
3. Queer there and Everywhere: 22 People Who Changed the World
by Sarah Prager – This first-ever LGBTQ history book for young adults will appeal to fans of fun, empowering pop-culture books like Rad American Women A-Z and Notorious RBG.
4. Starting From Here by Lisa Jenn Bigelow middle grade lgbtqia+ coming of age.
5. How To Make a Wish by Ashley Blake – bisexual mc & own voices!! – I just bought this from The Strand Bookstore while in NYC last weekend!.
6. Honey Girl by Lisa Freeman – I received this duology from the publisher and I’m ecstatic to get into it! Set in the summer of 1972, it follows a girl who is discovering that she likes girls.
7. Coffee Boy by Austin Chant – I already have this on my TBR for the month and I’m excited to read this own voices book about a transgender boy.
8. Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde – has been getting so much hype recently that I couldn’t resist adding it to my TBR list. I know this follows a f/f love story (between a character with my name?? so I’m destined to read it, I guess.) Also follows a girl who has autism spectrum disorder and anxiety.
9. History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera – I still have not read any of Adam Silvera’s work please shun me. But, I do want to pick up his recent release because I’ve heard so much praise for it!
10. It’s Not Like It’s A Secret by Misa Sugiura – This book sounds like it’s more of a coming of age/coming out story of a girl who has her first crush on a girl. I’ve never read this perspective before, so I’m interested to see how it turns out!
Happy Pride Month!