Today, I’m doing the End of the Year Survey created by Jamie at Perpetual Page Turner! I did this last year and I love doing it. Through this survey, you’ll know more about my reading year! If you want to do the survey, click here to go to Jamie’s post.
Number Of Books You Read: 40
Number of Re-Reads: None
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary, LGBTQIA+
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
I believe Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin was my favorite book of the year. Nothing else really topped it!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I was so excited for The Haters by Jesse Andrews to come out and I was so disappointed when I picked it up and my expectations weren’t met. It wasn’t the road-trip I imagined and the dirty humor just got annoying with time rather than funny anymore. Also, the fact that Corey lied about having a peanut allergy threw me off.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? I was surprised I enjoyed this because I wasn’t sure how I would feel not having known anything about Sherlock. But, I loved it!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I’ve been pushing Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin on EVERYONE since I read it this summer. I only know one to two people who have gotten it because of me. But, that’s okay!
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
This wasn’t my year for series, but I did start Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs!
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
OMG!! Kasie West. I started P.S. I Like You, her 2016 release and I loved it. It led me to the Distance Between Us and now I want to keep binging all of her books! Thank goodness for more Kasie books in 2017! Update: I have read all of her Contemporary and now I am sad.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
This is the hardest question for me, I’m going with Heartless which I just finished for my book club, the Story Squad. I listened to it on audio and it was the best way to read it! It was soo good!! I haven’t ever read Marissa Meyer – this is my first retelling ever.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
With Malice by Elieen Cook, though it’s on my Most Disappointing Reads of 2016 list, I really enjoyed the pace and thrill of the book! I read it until 3am one night to finish because I couldn’t stop.
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I’ll probably re-read The Sun is Also A Star, I want to listen to the audiobook!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
Dreamology by Lucy Keating, gorgeous!
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Parker from Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom! She’s the bomb and I will never forget her. She is very memorable, I’ll never forget her!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
To be honest, I don’t think I read many books that I thought were written nicely or anything! Most of the books I read were just easy to read.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon because in this book you’re faced with thinking about fate and destiny and really what you would do in Natasha & Daniel’s situation.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
I really read many debuts and new releases this year. But, I can’t believe I didn’t read (well I listened to) Mindy Kaling’s book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? until 2016! It was funny and I loved reading about her life before The Office/The Mindy Project.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
I really don’t have any quotes that have stuck with me throughout the year.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Shortest: How To Talk to Girls at Parties by Neil Gaiman (11 pages, to be fair it’s a short-story)
Longest: The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson (519 pages)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
HEARTLESS BY MARISSA MEYER. This book had me SHOOK. I had to stop listening to the audiobook and walk around my house. Haha.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Gideon and Kyle from Been Here All Along by Sandy Hall. They were so cute, I loved them.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom. Just this book in general, we see less romance in Parker’s life and get to know her.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Everyone was recommending this book and so I had to see why! And, it really met the hype!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016? Nick is my new fictional crush, he was so cute! I really didn’t have many crushes this year :O
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
This book was super fun and made me smiley! I literally screamed of feels on my couch.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
Haven’t found the book to make me cry yet! But, The Sun is Also A Star AHH I WAS SO CLOSE NICOLA WHY
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
I mention this book any time I get. It’s just so good and I want more people to read it!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Not many, actually. I mean leaving me with a book hangover – yep. Probably The Sun is Also a Star for this too. I’m sorry!!
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I love/hate this book because just UGHHHH. But, it was so good thrilling wise!
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews!! I love her!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
ARC Review: My Kind of Crazy by Robin Reul
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
My Dream Author Panel – Eventbrite
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
BOOKCON, of course! I had a blast this year. I flew to Chicago and I met my Booktube friends. Some for the first time!!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
I loved having Danika Stone this year as my first guest post! BLOG TOUR & Guest Post: Danika Stone – Top 10 Things You Will Find in All the Feels!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
I just didn’t read as much as I did in 2015. I really had a slump!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)? My most viewed review is Book Review: Zac & Mia by A.J. Betts [spoiler free]
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I guess my Blog Tour posts, I’ve done a few this year and I don’t think I even get a comment on them!
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Bookstagram has been my new thing in 2016, I’ve been more active which means I’ve found so many new shops on Etsy for bookmarks! My personal fave is NerdyGrlDesigns, they have Gilmore Girls bookmarks that I got and I love them!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
My Goodreads reading challenge initially was 60 books but I changed it to 40 in the summer because I was slow with my reading. I accomplished 40 books on New Years Eve (morning!)
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
I’ve started 100 pages of this and I started the audio of it this year and I just need to make time to sit down and read it!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger – Omg, I just found out about this book when I was on Edelweiss and I was like, “Woah” when I finished reading the synopsis!
Tessa Hart’s world feels very small. Confined to her bedroom with agoraphobia, her one escape is the online fandom for pop sensation Eric Thorn. When he tweets to his fans, it’s like his speaking directly to her…
Eric Thorn is frightened by his obsessive fans. They take their devotion way too far. It doesn’t help that his PR team keeps posting to encourage their fantasies.
When a fellow pop star is murdered at the hands of a fan, Eric knows he has to do something to shatter his online image fast—like take down one of his top Twitter followers. But Eric’s plan to troll @TessaHeartsEric unexpectedly evolves into an online relationship deeper than either could have imagined. And when the two arrange to meet IRL, what should have made for the world’s best episode of Catfish takes a deadly turn…
Told through tweets, direct messages, and police transcripts, this thriller for the online generation will keep you guessing right up to the shocking end
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
*cries* I can’t believe this is going to really be over but I’m so excited!!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
I set my Goodreads goal to 20 books to make it simple but I do want to do Diversity Bingo and I made a post about these challenges I’m doing: 2017 Reading Challenges: Diverse Reads & Contemporary Romance!
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I haven’t read any 2017 releases, yet!
I’d love to read your End of the Year Survey’s if you have posted them! Happy New Year, everyone!