Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes and created by Lainey @ Gingereadslainey with different bookish topics for each week.
If you’re interested in joining in, see the Goodreads group!
Topic: May 24th: Favorite Minor Characters
–Minor characters are less than a sidekick or a side character (but not in our hearts!)
If you missed last week’s T5w post, click here.
- Oliver in Dreamology by Lucy Keating – At first, I really shipped Oliver and Alice together! He’s so cute and nice however he’s always getting into mischief such as the time he stole a boat or something like that?? But, I just love him and wanted to hug him.
2. REID from The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli – I love love LOVE Reid with all my heart and his obsession with mini-eggs relates to me on a spiritual level. There are some great side characters in this book!
3. MARGOT & KITTY – I’ve been saying this forever but I WANT A BOOK ABOUT MARGOT, OK?? I really love Margot’s character and I wish she had her own book. I want to experience her in Scotland since we don’t see much of that in the trilogy. Kitty is a great side character! I love how sassy she is, I can always count on her to make me laugh.
4. Palmer & Tom from The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson – I loved Palmer and Tom in TUE. Palmer is a great character, she’s the leader of the pack and always makes sure the friend group is going smoothly and organizes everything i.e. a summer scavenger hunt. Palmer and Tom are so cute and I ❤ them.
5. EARL – One of my favorite YA side characters by far is Earl from Me, Earl and the Dying Girl. I FREAKING LOVE HIM. He’s so wise and he always tells Greg how it is and what he needs to hear yet doesn’t want to hear. I feel like Earl isn’t appreciated enough!
Who is your favorite side character?